Thursday, September 17, 2009

Time For Me Thursday

I came across a wonderful blog the other day, Crafts by Katie. What a read! I loved it! And I liked the themes I saw there. So I did what any blogger should do. I emailed her and asked if I could use her graphics and her ideas for Thursdays and Fridays. And you know what? She agreed! YAY! Thanks Katie! So, before I go on to the part, I want you all to know that if you click on the sunflower picture, you will be redirected to Katie's blog (and really, you should go check it out. I liked it.)

Okay, now to what I am doing for myself today. Well, it actually seems like something that would be for Boy A, but really it is for me too, although he will benefit as well. Today, I am meeting with one of his teachers. I want to get to the bottom of some home/school issues that have been plaguing Boy A since the start of school this year. I started this process yesterday and today, I will finish it.

Then, once I am done meeting with this teacher, I will sign up for the training class to be able to help in the classroom. I love to teach (though I have only taught brief classes at the elementary level, as I don't have a teaching certificate and I'm not a teacher) and I love kids. Oh, and the subject that I'm looking to help out in will be either 3rd Grade Math or the computer lab, as I love both subjects. I will also probably put in a few appearances in the Kindergarten room as well.

Now, why is that "for me" I bet you are wondering. Well, the meeting is for me, because every single day after school, we are faced with this emotional drudgery from Boy A from something that happened at school and this is the teacher that he gets into the most trouble with. It may also help because if Boy A needs services of some sort or an alternative plan, this is also the person I would talk to about that.

The second part of it is signing up to help in the classroom. I just love it. Especially the subjects. I'm the math nerd person who signed up and took classes to become an tax preparer just for fun. That was three years ago, I believe, and I haven't honestly used my training, though I do a rough set of figures before we go in to have our lady, Preparer V, do our taxes. I just love math.

I also love computers. I love learning and teaching myself new skills on computers. I love looking up information and learning it so I can apply it. It's so much fun. And yes, I am a computer geek person.

I have been contemplating a career in teaching. This may help me decide whether or not to pursue it. The only thing is, I would want to pursue elementary education. Which would require a four year college, which costs a lot of money. Money I don't have to spend on education right now. So, we shall see. If it is meant to be, a path will open up.

What are you doing for yourself today? Make sure that you make time for yourself every single day. You need to take care of you so that you can take care of others. Head on over to Katie's Blog and see what she is doing for herself too.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Thank you so much for the mentions in your blog! I wasn't sure if you had gotten my emails because I hadn't heard back from you. I did manage to get a MckLinky up on my blog and would love it if you came over and added to it!

Just a thought on your garage stuff..have you considered Freecycle? You could list it and people would come take it away for you.

*hugs*

Deanne said...

You are most certainly welcome! When I come across something I like and enjoy, I try to link it up and send people in that direction!

I did get your emails, and I do have a draft saved to send to you. It just kept getting longer and longer. I need to just send it! :)

For the garage stuff in my other post, yeah. I'm not sure anyone would want to take it away! :) I was actually out there for a little while today and I think I just need a big ol' roll-off dumpster (like the kind used at construction sites). Ugh. It will definitely be a long-term job. But I love working in the garage and going through things out there in the fall and spring. Summer is too hot, winter is too cold.

There may be some stuff out there worth freecycling (I love that group!) but for the most part, I think it will end up mostly in the garbage.